Monday, June 2, 2008

the Next Food Network Star - week 1

Ever since I saw the first promo about this season of the "Next Food Network Star" competition I have been anxiously waiting for June 1st to roll around. I must say I was not disappointed. Based on the first episode, I feel it will be an exciting season and I am already looking forward to next Sunday to see episode two.

After looking over the Food Network website, I was surprised to learn that this is season four. I totally missed season one and didn't see season two either. We didn't have cable TV during those two seasons. Last year's competition was the first one I was I was able to watch.

As the ten competitors were introduced tonight, I was amazed by their impressive backgrounds. Don't know why, they are competing to become a host of a Food Network show. Stands to reason they would have credentials.....

First up was Elton Brown, telling them to look into the camera and sum up their "culinary point of view" in one sentence. I admired how well the majority of them did. That could not have been very easy!

The next morning, when the contestents arrived on set, one of them made the comment "kitchen heaven". I totally agreed. Those piles of fresh veggies looked wonderful. The contestents were split into teams of two and had to make three dishes in 30 minutes. Then they had to plate them and serve their dishes to the three judges, plus five current Food Network stars...wow talk about intimidation!!

Anyway, I did manage to pick the contestent that was sent home. It was Cory, so now we are down to nine and I am anxiously awaiting next week's show!!

Mary


No comments: