Friday, June 20, 2008

Lake Tahoe Farmer's Market, Again

Tuesday I went to the Farmer's Market again. I really love fresh produce....you just can't beat it!! Although, as I mentioned before, the Farmer's Market at Lake Tahoe is just so much more than produce.....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vino!!! This wine is produced at the Boeger Winery in Placerville CA. They make several types of wine but my favorite by far is their Riesling. In talking to the gentleman in the picture, I learned that they only put up 140 cases of Riesling a year. Since they only put up that small amount, he doesn't bring Riesling to the Farmer's Market. That being the case I asked him to bring me a bottle this week and he did....so now I have a bottle of Boeger Riesling to enjoy!! Of course the per bottle price is up $2 since last summer...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lake Tahoe has it's share of artisans and this potter is one of them....beautiful stuff here!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This beautiful plant is lavender. It smells great!!!! Along side this plant is made up wreaths and sachets. I have read that lavender is good to have in the bedroom as it's lovey scent helps one fall asleep...ya if Rex would go for that I would try it...but I don't think THAT is going to happen!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Oh my goodness, what would we do without Placerville CA??? All of this wonderful cheese can be found at Derrick's Cheese Shop in Placerville. I have been there and in addition to cheese they have olive oils, vinegars, candy, baked goods, crackers, and flat breads...it is a wonderful shop and I am looking forward to seeing it again in August when Chad and I go to Placerville.

Well that is another glimpse at the Tuesday Lake Tahoe Farmer's Market...

Mary


No comments: