Monday, June 23, 2008

Next Food Network Star - Part 4

And the good news is: my cable connection is back and I actually got to watch this episode.

Ok, the first challenge - the technique video. I personally thought it was somewhat unfair to expect the contestants to give an instructional video on a technique they had no idea about. I understand the "step up with confidence " goal, but, hey if you've never cleaned a squid before....how is that possible?? They were mostly right in their evaluations, Jennifer did apologize, Arron was wooden, and Adam was silly. Kelsey did do the best job with this challenge and she was rightfully chosen as the winner. So look for her "technique" video to be on the home page of the Food Network website tomorrow.

Now the next challenge. Cooking fish with a weird ingredient for 30 Coast Guard members. Some of the combinations were really odd. I mean fruit loops, marshmallow cream, jelly, and caramels. I can understand why some of those dishes didn't work!! I do have to say that Adam kept up with his silliness and so did Nipa during her presentation. Again, Aaron was wooden, but the surprise here was his food. His food in past episodes has been among the best.....that was a let down, I had come to expect his food to excell. And predictably, Jennifer was apologizing and the judges are right, she looks great on camera. Very appealing and friendly, it is a shame she wrecks it by her lack of self confidence. Again, Lisa was more likable and actually fun. She handled landing on her ass very well and turned a negative into a positive. It also showed what she is made of....and she is made of finer stuff.

While I couldn't taste any of the food, I think once again the judges picked the correct winner-Kelsey. And her reward is awesome.....her recipe on the menu of Red Lobster for a limited time. How cool is that???

I was wrong with my guess last week. I predicted Jennifer to be the contestant going home and of course it was Nipa. After watching tonights episode, I agree that Nipa needed to go and my prediction for next week??? I feel it is a tie between Jennifer and Adam. Can't wait to see who goes home next Sunday!!


No comments: