Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Lake Tahoe Farmer's Market

Today is Tuesday and that means Farmer's Market. The Farmer's market at Lake Tahoe is wonderful, all that great Northern California produce looks so yummy. Another thing I like about this Market is the fact that it is so diverse. In addition to produce, there are plants, wine, honey, jams, cold pressed olive oils, soaps, breads, kettle korn, pottery, decorative gourds, and fresh flowers. I think that is just about everything.









I took some pictures, but as I was listing all the items offered, I realized I sure did a poor job of taking pictures to represent everything. So on future Tuesdays I will be taking more pictures so I will finally get it all.

Let me start with the variety of fruit on sale today. Here is the list: peaches, at least three types of cherries, raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, apricots, pluots, plums, and kiwi.

Now for the veggies: red onions, white onions, yellow onions, shallots, beets, garlic bulbs, zucchini, yellow squash, green beans, lettuce, red leaf lettuce, spring mix, spinach, Swiss chard, asparagus, cactus leaves, various fresh herbs, and probably some stuff I missed.

Anyhow here are today's pictures, but there will be more next week!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


No comments: