Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Next Food Network Star - Part 2

As I mentioned before, I have lost my cable connection and now have to rely on online videos to see as much of the show as I can.

So here is my opinion, based on what I saw online. Maybe I am alone on this, but the emphasis the judges place on ones "culinary point of view" seems to hold too much importance at this point. If they expressed it as their "culinary speciality", I might understand it better or even "culinary niche". Point of view just doesn't make much sense to me. As I wrong on this????

Ok....from reading the comments on the Food Network website, I understand Lisa made a better impression this week. And Adam served almost raw eggs....yuck. I also learned Nipa walked out of the evaluation room. Wow---sounds like a thin skin to me and a little bit short of professionalism.

I can't imagine cooking, plating, and serving 30 people on a moving train either, so as in most things it is easier to critize than "walk in the shoes". I know that these challenges are designed to quickly weed out the "faint of heart", but some seem a little extreme. Getting rousted out of bed at 3:00 AM without any warning also seemed a little extreme to me. Oh well nobody asked for my opinon!

So the elimated contestent turned out to be Kevin whose "culinary point of view" was "Romance in the Kitchen". When I first heard it I thought it would be hard to convey and turns out I was right.

Mary


No comments: