Monday, July 28, 2008

the Next Food Network Star - week 9

This season is now history and quite frankly, I was surprised. Aaron was not the contestant I felt would end up with his own show. While I have always been impressed with his food, I never felt he had a camera persona.

The three "pilots" were all very, very good. I admit, Lisa was my choice, but Adam's pilot was really good as evidenced from the laughs he got and the compliments on the beer can chicken. I actually loved his idea of having an Internet chat with someone on his show and tweeking their recipes or giving them a recipe they would like to make. This was a very innovative idea, I felt. So my hat's off to Adam for that wonderful idea.

Lisa's show was also good, but she is, in all honesty, working on a level far above most of us day to day cooks. While I don't think that is a bad thing, I think she is more suited for a program on the "Fine Living Network". Are they listening??? Her personality really shown through in this pilot and it is very satisfying-playful, approachable, and likable. Everything the judges said they wanted from her.....she is champagne!! (That is a reference to Rachael Ray-she always says she is beer!!)

So now we are on to Aaron--the winner. He was still stilted in front of the camera, but much better than we have ever seen him before. I can see why he was selected, his food as usual was really appetizing and I will be trying out some of his recipes and I was shocked that his show will debut next Sunday night. I will be watching!!

Congratulations Aaron.....





No comments: