Thursday, July 10, 2008

Chocolate Beer Cake

Chocolate cake with beer....that sounds interesting!! I recently became acqainted with "The Ultimate Beer Lover's Cookbook". As the title implies, all the recipes include beer as an ingredient so I decided to try chocolate cake with beer.

The cake is really moist and the frosting is more like a hot fudge sauce. I would recommend eating this cake and frosting with vanilla ice cream. That is really yummy!! The recipe for both the cake and frosting can be found on www.recipestoeat.com and also of course, in "The Ultimate Beer Lover's Cookbook". The frosting does not have beer as an ingredient but is still very good. Oh and there is the problem of no picture, there is a reason for that. The recipe calls for a tube pan, but I don't have one and quite frankly, my finished cake wasn't exactly pretty.......but it still tasted wonderful!!

John Schlimm, the author of "The Ultimate Beer Lover's Cookbook" gave me permission to use and promote his recipes on my blog so I am happy to do so. He also has several quotes about beer in his book.....here is one I like:

"Mother's in the kitchen wasing out the jugs,

Sister's in the pantry bottling the suds,

Father's in the cellar mixin' up the hops,

Johnny's on the front porch watchin' for the cops."

Prohibition song


No comments: