Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Next Food Network Star - Part 5

Once again I was able to watch the show.....that is such a treat!! Although sometimes it is downright painful to watch. Jennifer in the first challenge is one time, as was watching Aaron. Don't get me wrong, I would be much worse, but at this stage of the game I am disappointed these guys don't seem to improve. Didn't they do a "talk to the camera" audition to be a participant on this program???

Now on to the second challenge----WOW!! Beef wellington, coq au vin, and turducken.

Beef wellington is a dish that makes sense to me and I see that Shane and Kelsey really came up with an approach to this dish that I would try. I liked this duo, they seemed to work well together and it resulted in them winning the challenge. I also agreed with Bob's blog...they looked adorable together. They also can both cook!!

Coq au vin doesn't look or sound good to me, but it is apparently a wonderful and popular dish. The pairing of Adam and Arron was unfortunate. I felt, rather than lifting each other up, they dragged each other down. I still don't know if I think Adam can cook anything, but I know Aaron can.

Now turducken....who in the hell thought this one up?? Someone with one too many vino's?? I can't imagine why anyone would even want to eat this dish let alone make it!!! I have always hear duck is very, very greasy so it has absolutely no appreal to me. Lisa and Jennifer was another unfortunate collaboration. Lisa is apparently, a classic chef, while Jennifer is more of an "everyday" chef. Don't get me wrong, I am not putting Jennifer down for that, I just didn't think they made an effective duo. I am sure Jennifer is a wonderful chef.

This was the week that Jennifer was eliminated and rightfully so. I think Adam should have gone with her but that is for next week's show.

At this point I see a three person horse race. I think Shane and Kelsey are neck and neck, with Lisa breathing down their necks!! Can't wait to see the Rachel Ray show challenge next week......


No comments: