Monday, August 4, 2008

The Preview

This is kind of a "cop out" blog. My son is visiting this week , from Wisconsin so, needless to say, my time will be kind of short. Equate that to "my blog will suffer" due to time constraints. After all, I also have a job I have to show up at!!

But here are the highlights of the week...

Tuesday, I will be back at the Farmer's Market and featuring another vendor. AND I am thrilled and honored to be mentioned on the home page of Dedrick's Cheese website. They put a link to my blog and the post I did on their very impressive store. Thank you for the link!! I appreciate it!!

Wednesday we are taking my son to Virginia City to see the sights.....and I also intend to introduce him to Trader Joe's. He likes to cook too!!

Thursday we are going to Placerville to tour the wineries (more blog material I am sure!), a brewery, and of course the tasting room of Winterhill Farms that has the certified extra virgin olive oils. Dedrick's Cheese Store is also on the agenda!! I am looking for some Manchego Cheese for some recipe I recently read.

When we get back from Placerville, Rex is grilling rib eyes and making "Lori Thomson's Easy Delicious Stuffed Onions". This recipe can be found at www.winterhillfarms.com website. That is where I got it and it sounds good, I'll let you know Friday or Saturday after we have them. I will also be making some roasted beets and a salad recipe my son gave me. I hope I will have room for it all!!

This is how my week is starting to shape up, I don't intend to neglect this blog, but daily posts just might not happen.....keep checking though. Please!!

No comments: