Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Peachy Cake

Today was a day off so we decided to bake something in the Dutch Oven. Since we had some fresh peaches, they had to be the main ingredient...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I just sliced three medium peaches, sprinkled them with cinnamon and nutmeg, then made a simple syrup with brown sugar. Those little squares are butter....everything tastes better with a little butter!!! Just ask Paula Deen!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

To make life easier, I used this mix to put on top of the peaches, the only adjustment I made was to puree a peach to add to the mix and omit the oil. Otherwise, I followed the package directions.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Spread the batter over the peaches and sprinkle it with the cinnamon streusel packet. Then place the cake in the Dutch Oven.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here is the Dutch Oven in the Volcano being baked with charcoal. This is one way to keep the kitchen cool on hot summer days!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is what I ended up with. It was good but if I make it again, instead of using a simple syrup, I would use brown sugar and to make a caramel sauce. But just sitting out on the patio and fooling around with the Dutch Oven made for a nice summer afternoon!!

No comments: