Thursday, November 27, 2008

The other day I was hungry for something different....so I decided to try this recipe I found in Health Magazine for zucchini fries. Why I didn't take pictures I'll never know but...next time.

Here is the ingredient list:

2 zucchini-cut into 3 inch sticks

1 egg white

1/4 cup milk

1/2 cup shredded paresan cheese

1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs.

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Whisk and egg white in a small bowl and add the milk. In another bowl, mix the cheese and bread crumbs. Dip the zucchini sticks into the egg mixture then roll in the breadcrumbs. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray, place the zucchini sticks on the sheet. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown. Makes about 32 fries.

These are really good and healthful too. There's always more room for veggies!!

No comments: