Friday, October 24, 2008

Calorie King

As you all know, I recently came back from vacation. I had a wonderful time and was priviledged to be able to see and visit with all the people I love. I am very blessed to be able to do that!!

Now comes the down side of that wonderful vacation...I gained 14 pounds! Yes I gained about 2 pounds a week and that is no joke. I guess when you eat like a pig and drink like a fish you pay the consequences!

So since coming home, I have been calorie counting. I bought this wonderful book from Calorie King called "calorie, fat, and carbohydrate" counter. I am impressed with this book because of the amazingly huge amount of information in it, including fast foods, restaurants, packaged foods, and alcohol. This is all in addition to the normal meat, cheese, fruits, and vegetables. What a wonderful little guide! There is also a web site: http://www.calorieking.com/ that you can get more assistance from. Cool!

So I am keeping my daily intake to 1200 to 1400 calories a day, and after the first week I am proud to be down 2.6 pounds!! As the days go buy I plan to share pictures and recipes of some of my "low calorie" meals.

Wish me luck!!



No comments: