Friday, May 30, 2008

keepeez

Last week while we were in Mt. Shasta, California I went to "Pots & Pans", a kitchenware store to browse. I love to look at kitchenware and am always on the look out for new and fun things to try. Unfortunately most gadgets are just too expensive to buy just to try. Living in a "space challenged" RV also makes buying a lot of gadgets prohibitive. It makes it almost mandatory that gadgets are multifunctional!!I am always amazed by the sheer quantity of items in these speciality stores. Besides the usual glassware, dinnerware, bake ware, and beverage service items, there is more items than you could possibly imagine. I saw more varieties of corn cob holders, butterers for corn on the cob, terra cotta disks to keep brown sugar soft, and on and on and on. But, of course it is hard to just look................so I bought a product called "Keepeez".

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It is a vacuum food sealer. It is designed to seal any of your existing bowls, cups, or cans 6 inches wide or less. There are larger and smaller sizes available also but I thought to start with this would be the most useful size for my purposes. It is suppose to be used in the refridgerator, freezer, or dishwasher and will make buying cling wrap unnecessary. Which when I think about it is a really "green" thing to do. That is certainly timely.I have seen similar vacuum sealers advertised on TV and quite frankly, I didn't feel this "Keepeez" performed as promised. Although I love the concept, I was very disappointed!!

Mary

No comments: